“Today, our city struggles to provide the resources and money needed to maintain appropriate public sports outlets for our kids,” ProKids states on their website (prokidsusa.org). “ProKids rejects the notion that we are unable to organize and finance this important part of growing up.”
The foundation also states that “the experience gained from a child’s participation in sports – from organized leagues to impromptu pick up games – fosters critical skills and behaviors that pay lifelong personal and professional dividends. Aside from just being fun, the educational and developmental benefits gained on the field include good sportsmanship, self discipline, responsibility, teamwork, and so much more.”
At the Center, we feel it’s important for our youth, no matter the age, to have the opportunity to learn how to play sports in a safe environment in their community.
The ProKids Foundation does just that by:
1.Public field restoration
2. Organizing league development
3. Equipment and uniform acquisition
4. Community building
You can help rebuild these parks and provide kids an opportunity to play sports in our local communities, by:
1. Joining them on October 19th for their 1st Annual “Sunfare Health Run.” Visit sunfare5k10k.itsyourrace.com to register and for more information.
2. Participating in the “Save Our Sports Charity Golf Tournament” on November 1st. For registration and information, contact Patty Colehour at 480-258-0611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Donating to their foundation at prokidsusa.org/prokidsusa-donate.html or by volunteering or sponsoring at one of their upcoming events.
Visit prokidsusa.org for more information on how you can help.
We are still open and providing in-clinic service at a case-by-case basis as well as providing telemedicine and other channels for remote treatment/training. Call your nearest Center location for more details.