The Center for Athletic Performance and Physical Therapy, along with HawkGrips, provide continuing education seminars for Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Performance Coaches, Strength and Conditioning Specialists, and Personal Trainers. Read on for more information about our current open seminars!
Level I: IASTM Fundamentals
Take part in this instructive 8-hour, intermediate level course on Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization techniques. This course provides introductory skills via hands-on instruction. Participants will be given a 1 hour exam for certification in Level 1: IASTM Fundamentals at the end of the course. The course will go through the following:
- Introduction: Theoretical basis & literature.
- Basic handling, tool selection, and treatment strokes
- Techniques for thigh, hip, lower back, shoulder, neck, elbow, forearm, knee, calf, ankle, and foot
- HGPro multi-instrument instruction
- Case studies
- Certification exam
The course fee is $349 until 8/9/17, after which it is $399. This course will be held Saturday, September 9th from 8AM to 5:30PM at CAPPT’s Scottsdale location and is approved for 11 CEUs. For more information or to register, visit http://hawkgrips.com/course/level-iastm-fundamentals-scottsdale-az-september-9th-2017/.
Level II: Advanced IASTM
The Level II: Advanced IASTM course will be held 9/9/17 at the Scottsdale location of CAPPT from 8:00AM – 5:30PM and will teach participants more advanced techniques for Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. To take this course, you must complete the Level I course (held 9/9/17 and listed above) or a comparable introductory IASTM course.
This lab-focused program involves:
- Introductory course review
- Elbow, hand, shoulder, cervical, upper thorax, lumbar, post hip/hamstrings, IT band/lateral thigh, medial thigh, adductors, knee, lower leg, foot & ankle plus motion case scenario labs
- Skills integration lab
- Level II certification exam
To register, or for more information, visit http://hawkgrips.com/course/level-ii-advanced-iastm-scottsdale-az-september-10th-2017/.