Here are 10 tips to help you survive the heat in Arizona.
1. Sunscreen should be your best friend. Be sure to reapply while you’re at the pool or doing anything out in the sun.
2. Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. We can’t say it enough. Drink plenty of water and fluids throughout the day and avoid sugary drinks, sodas, too much caffeine and alcohol.
3. If you must do any activities outside, try to do them in the morning or after the sunset, especially if you’re going on a hike. Be sure to take a buddy with you.
4. Don’t leave anything plastic in your car or anything else that could melt for that matter. Certain things like bottles of lotion, lighters and aerosol cans have been known to explode in cars.
5. Speaking of cars, be sure to leave your car windows cracked when you park and use a shade to cover your windshield. (Never ever leave any living thing/person in your closed car unattended or without the AC running).
6. Keep your house ventilated if you don’t have AC. Fans will help circulate the air in the house also.
7. Wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothing.